Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thrill, Drama and Humor


I want to do a brief review of the ABC TV series “Castle”. Although it is another, crime TV show Castle has something in particular: Humor. Most of the series in this genre are classified as drama or thriller, sometimes even action. This is one of the reasons why I enjoy watching Castle. It has everything a cop TV show needs, it has thrill, it has drama but it also has humor. I found myself various time laughing alone on my couch.
Castle’s plot is also very peculiar because he himself is not a cop nor he has some sort of asset that will qualify him as a consultant (like Patrick Jane on “The Mentalist” or Neil Caffrey on “White Collar”), he is just a writer whose ideas dried out. He joined agents Beckett’s team just to get inspired and amused. However, and the show develops you start to notice that he is useful and he is helping to catch the bad guys because there are only two kind of people that think about how to kill other people, they are: murderers and mystery writers.
In my opinion Nathan Fillion was born to play as the character of Richard Castle. He does it extremely well and makes people laugh with his kind of humor. He has his own bulletproof vest that says “WRITER” on it instead of “POLICE” and that makes me laugh every time because nobody takes him seriously.
So if you like thrilling and mystery TV shows but you want to laugh in between Castle is the show for you. Sometime it makes me remember of Scooby-Doo cartoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment